I just received the Liebster Award from Lee Zamloch who writes a blog about writing entitled Notes on the Writing Life
The award is given to interesting and valuable blogs with under 200 followers. I am honored to be a recipient. A million thanks to Lee for nominating my blog! Click on the above link to read and follow Lee Zamloch! If you’re a writer, you’ll want to follow her for all things writing.
As a Liebster Award Winner, I get to display the Liebster Award button on my blog. But that’s not all. Being a Liebster Award winner also entails that I answer five questions, list five random facts about myself, and nominate five new blogs that are “excellent writing blogs” with under 200 followers.
1) If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
Point Reyes, CA, Berlin, Germany or Falcon Cove, Oregon.
2) What are you reading right now?
Licking the Spoon, a Memoir of Food by Candace Walsh, The Liar’s Club by Mary Karr and Writing and Publishing Personal Essays by Sheila Bender.
3) What do you love about blogging?
I love to share the “a-ha moment” when I read a great passage. I love to communicate why that works and hope that it will sink into my own writing.
4) How long have you been blogging? If journals count, all my life, but online, at least five years.
5) What do you hope to gain by blogging? I blog about stellar passages because I want their essence to bleed into me.
5 random facts about myself:
- My husband calls me one bad relationship away from having a cat farm.
- My next home must be a natural habitat for cardinals.
- I get antisocial when I write too much.
- I read too much.
- I could eat a tremendous amount of spaghetti.
My Liebster Award now moves to five new recipients. According to Lee Zamloch – To be nominated for a Liebster, blogs must:
Be well-written and entertaining. Discuss writing and the writing process. Offer a distinct point-of-view and have a distinct voice.Provide useful insights, information, tips or suggestions.Avoid too much self-promotion. Here are some “nice-to-haves”: Humor,Personal anecdotes,Plenty of “white space” making the blog easy to read. If you think your blog meets these criteria or know of a blog that does, send me the link. I will be actively searching for blogs to nominate for at least the next week.
Reply to this post if your blog contains all these qualities and you want to be nominated!!!